What is it?
IP Audience Targeting is the ability to digitally market to a specific geographical area (geofencing), or a radius of a specific area, with advertisements designed for desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, IP radio, and smart home devices with Connected TV.
Increase the conversions from your direct mail campaigns with a powerful one-two punch. Advertising to the same people in the digital realm and in the physical world will help your message to be seen and recognized. IP Targeting should be a part of every direct mail campaign.
How does it work?
- You provide the names, addresses, and zip codes of the people or businesses you would like to advertise to. This can be your list of previous customers, lost customers, potential new clients, your direct mail list, competitor addresses and more.
- These addresses are then run through an IP mapping system where the IP addresses are matched with physical addresses. Once the two addresses match, you can begin serving your display or video banner ads using the IP address of the home, or office building in conjunction with your direct mail.
- One of the primary advantages of using IP targeting is the ability it affords marketers to be more creative with their campaigns. Examples of creative advertising targeting might include:
- Targeting online users within the coffee shop located across the street from a specific organization with whom the advertiser would like to do business.
- Targeting conference guests staying at a local hotel to come visit their booth in the exhibit hall.
The creative opportunities are unlimited
Office suppliers targeting office parks that are dominated by attorneys; retail stores targeting competitive locations; pharma and medical equipment reps targeting medical centers; IT service providers targeting software and game designers.
Let GMS plan, implement and maintain an IP Targeting strategy specific to your
industry and location, and increase your direct mail spend with multiple points of influence.